Godly men need the Bible to grow closer to Christ!
Godly men want to read the Word of God for their personal growth so that they are more like Christ today than they were yesterday, and more like Christ tomorrow than they were today! The Bible is full of wonderful nuggets of precision truths to help us through our day. We just need to be creative in how we look for them. God did not purposely hidden so we can’t find them. It is our maturity level in the Word of God that helps us see them. That is why it is so very important to dig into the Word of God daily. We are commanded to study to shew thyself approved as it says in 2 Timothy 2:15.
My last series was on the FIRST words of Jesus on the 4 Gospels. I will list them below so if you have not read them.
- First Words of Jesus Part 1
- First Words of Jesus Part 2
- First Words of Jesus Part 3
- First Words of Jesus Part 4
This next series I am going to go through is called the LAST Words of Jesus. We can learn a lot from His last words. Lets take a look at the book of Matthew.
Matthew 28:16-20 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. (17) And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. (18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Godly men believe the Great Commission!
Jesus gave us one last charge before He ascended to Heaven. He said GO with authority, with command, with direction, and without hesitation. The word go is no an option. As a godly man when he hears the word go in the Word, especially from the King, it is pretty important. Jesus did not stop at the word go. He gave us a tasking to do.
- TEACH ALL NATIONS: This is not just where we are at. Jesus said ALL! There is no specific group of people. I really believe this first part is giving the Gospel!
- BAPTIZE: This is the first act of obedience. It is not required for salvation, but it is required for growth! You can read more about this from Part 1 of the first words of Jesus from the 4 gospels.
- TEACH TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS: This means disciple! God is a God of order and growth starts out with Salvation > Baptism > Discipleship > Ministry in that order. You cannot get to Ministry without first being saved, baptized and discipled.
Godly men responsibilities.
As godly men or as a born-again believer desiring to be a godly man it is our responsibility and duty to give the Gospel to all who will listen! Men, it is time to be the godly men that we are called to be!
You must log in to post a comment.