This is a common struggle in all born-again believers. What is one thing you can be intentional about changing to make you more humble? Humility is something that is learned and not natural. Humility in a man is not normal according to the world. In fact it is seen as weakness. The world says to take pride in what you do. A man should stand proud because he is a man. This is far from the truth. It takes more of a man to be humble than it does to be proud. Humility means you are undeserving of what Christ has given you. You are not worth the air that you breath to be in the presence of the Lord.
- 1 Peter 5:6
- Humbleness is exalted by God!
- God gets the glory in humility and it takes the eyes of the world off self and puts them on Christ!
- James 4:10
- Humbleness lifts you up!
- Lifts you up to Christ!
- Ephesians 4:1-3
- Walk in humbleness!
- Walking in humility takes obedience and determination. As stated before it is a learned skill. Make it intentional!
- Proverbs 11:2
- Humbleness is wise!
- Wisdom is power. Wisdom draws people to Christ and not self.
- James 4:6
- Humbleness leads to grace!
- Just the thought of God giving you the grace that you don’t deserve should drive us to humility. We should feel blessed that the God of the universe who has the power to send a soul to hell saved us and delivered us from those consequences of sin!
You can get the PDF version of this lesson here.