It is one thing to read these verses. Most everyone can read a passage. It is another to “apply” these verses to our lives! If we want change we need to allow God to change us! We need to set aside our prides as men and drop to our knees asking God to help us be that godly man in the midst of this wicked and perverse world!
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. (14) Let all your things be done with charity.
- 1 Timothy 6:11-12 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. (12) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
- Titus 2:6-8 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded. (7) In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, (8) Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
- Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
- Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
- Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
- Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
Do any of these verse stand out to you? Comment below! I think it’s time to be men, and not just men, but GODLY men.
You must log in to post a comment.