This list could go on and on! What is or has been your excuse? Lets stop sugar coating the truth. We can make excuses all day long, but the real answer is this:
WE DO NOT WANT TO GO!
That reveals our true heart towards the Lord. We really need to get this disobedience under control! We really need to ask ourselves this question. Am I going to worship because I love the Lord or am I going to worship because I feel like I have to?
- I already asked Jesus in my heart; what else do you want? Really? If you asked Jesus in your heart then you should WANT to go to worship because there should have been a change when you called upon the name of the Lord! I have been saved since 2002 and when the though of just walking away from it all was cut off because I love my Lord too much to do so! I think you may want to ask yourself a question. Am I really saved? 1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
- One word… (Insert your favorite sport here) You mean to tell me the very God that saved your soul from hell is not more important than your favorite sport? 1 John 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
- I was up too late the night before. It is funny how we are willing to set aside the time for the things we WANT to do. Lame. Lame. Lame. John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
- I signed my kids up for a secular sport and they play games ALL DAY on Sundays? The devil loves to do that! Again we should ask ourselves where are our priorities? But the coach does a 5 minute devotion. I ask the question can you live on one piece of bread the size of a crouton a day for 30 days? John 6:47-48 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. (48) I am that bread of life.
- Tired of all the conviction. Plain and simple. REPENT! 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- I wasn’t scheduled to serve anywhere so I thought it was my week off. Yeah I have seen this one. People SERVE and never attend the service for themselves! Wrong. John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him FOLLOW me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
- My teenager(s) will not get up early enough. Question. Who is the head of the household? Colossians 3:18-20 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. (19) Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. (20) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
The Bible is clear on what NOT to do!
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: (25) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
There are times we will not go to church because of sickness and such and there are times we are out on vacation. Those are all fine, but things change when we drop an excuse every single day! Comment with your excuse or an excuse you have heard below. Would love to hear them! Blessings!