As I have stated in past posts, prayer is an important part of the Christian lifestyle. Whether you are married or single here are some great prayer topics for your wife or future wife. As a godly man it is important to pray for your wife. As Christian men, we have a huge responsibility. You can read about it all throughout the Bible.
Before we begin let me tell you what will hinder your prayers! Out of all the things you read about in this post these two things will cause your prayers to be unheard.
- Sin is a struggle we all have! If we are harboring sin we can forget about God hearing our prayers. There are posts and meme’s everywhere that say, “God hears all prayers.” That is incorrect. The Bible is very clear on this in Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: If you are on your knees in prayer the very first thing we need to ask is, “Lord. Do I have any sin in my heart that needs to be confessed and repented of?” Then wait for the answer. He will let you know, I promise you that. Once your heart has been cleansed of your sin then you can proceed to seeking God.
Your relationship with your wife!
- The Bible says in 1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; How is your relationship with your wife? Are you giving honor to her? Are you seeing her as the weaker vessel regardless of how strong she thinks she is? (These days of feminism are getting ridiculous. Everything I watch, read and listen to is been tainted with feminism. I rarely watch television because of the things that are being pushed in media these days.) If you are not doing these things, the last part of 1 Peter 3:7 says this, “that your prayers be not hindered.”
Now that we got that out of the way let’s get on to the topics to pray about!
1. Pray for her relationship and walk with Christ!
- Pray that she is close with the Lord. She is obedient with the Lord. If we struggle with our relationship and walk with Christ, she does too!
- 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
2. Pray for health!
- Pray that she is healthy and strong! There is nothing worse for a man than to have his wife and best friend laid up in bed sick or worse, in the hospital.
- James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
3. Pray for her friendships!
- Pray that her friendships are true and Christ centered. Pray that she has a strong woman of faith in her life that she can look to for guidance and direction as a woman. Men and women are different. We think different and we do things differently. We need that strong person of faith of the same sex to help us through our difficulties that only they can relate.
- Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
4. Pray for her workplace.
- Women are working women these days. Pray that she works hard and that she has a impact on the success of her employment. Pray that her stress levels are manageable.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
5. Pray for her protection, physically and mentally.
- Pray that her walk is protected from physical harm. Pray that her mind is protected from devilish sinful thoughts. These thoughts can destroy a relationship with Christ quickly.
- Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
6. Pray that she will feel loved by you!
- This is for the both of you. The woman wants to feel loved. She wants to know you love her. This will change your heart when you pray this. It will make you more aware of your wife.
- Ephesians 5:25-28 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; (26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, (27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. (28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
7. Pray for wisdom.
- She needs to have wisdom at times when she needs to make decisions and you are not around to help. Pray that she will seek God’s wisdom in everything she does.
- Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
These are just a few of the many different things you can pray for your wife or future wife. That can even be prayed over when you don’t even have a relationship with someone at this time. I hope this helps you understand how important pray is as a Christian man. Feel free to comment below with your thoughts and suggestions of other prayers you do or can do with your wife.